Thursday, March 29, 2012

Introduction

Hello!
Please, let me introduce myself. My name is Hoshi and I want to say thanks you for checking this blog out.

This being my first post ever let me explain what I am going to be talking about.
Plain and simple, Videogames for girls SUCK.
I don't think that is very fair as a girl who likes Videogames myself. I have been doubled of my abilities in games because I am a chick, and the fact that I like games such as Harvest Moon and Cooking mama that I cannot be a "real" gamer. I don't dedicate myself to "real" games like COD or LOL. I enjoy The Sims and Professor Layton, but aparently I need to be competitive.
So I'm just a casual gamer, and I like it that way. I think Videogames should be fun, and not just about winning.
So why does that make me a lesser gamer? I have my own library of games that I have beaten and enjoyed the time that it took. There is a place for the female in the gaming world, and its not just as suport for the males.

My inspiration came back in January when I purchased a Little Mermaid game for the Sega at Magfest X. When I was little I loved the NES Little Mermaid game and figured the Sega version would be similar.
I was mistaken. It was a lot worse, and I was generally surprised at how little effort was put into something. You think the movie that brought Disney back would be popular enough for some effort.


So let me actually start this thing! The Little Mermaid for the NES

No comments:

Post a Comment